Vintage Background

MyFitnessPal

Friday, January 10, 2014

Moving Stinks

So this week has been all about moving.  I am proud to say the worst of it is packed, except the kitchen.  I will be attacking that this evening since people from our church will be here in the morning to move us.  I am excited for the end result of the move (living in a larger 3 bedroom house with gas appliances, lots of storage, shorter commutes and carpet), however, the packing up and getting things there is not fun.at, all.  In some ways it kind of feels like Christmas seeing things that I don't look at all that often.  That is probably a sign we could live without it, but I am not ready to part with most of it yet.

I did not make any freezer meals, and have not purchased groceries (except for Beau's precious Coca Cola and a few oranges) in a few weeks in an attempt to decrease the volume of food we will be moving.  It has worked well except for the fact that I have eaten rice every day for a week now.  I told Beau I am not cooking tonight and I am looking forward to something else to eat!  I have cooked every day which is something I am extremely proud of since I have never been that good during a move before.  Not only has it saved us  money, but it has also helped me make sure I am eating good food.

We will be living with Beau's parents until our house is ready for us.  We are hoping that it will be just for a few weeks (we don't want to outstay our welcome).  In the mean time I have continued to pin ideas for our new place.  I am really inspired by all the cool things people have done to decorate their homes.  There are some really awesome DIYers out there!

I started a biggest loser challenge with some coworkers.  We all put $20 in and the person who loses the highest percentage of their weight at the end wins.  I am not sure why I decided to do this challenge.  I know that I have to lose more weight to hit those percentage points, but I thought that losing weight with others might be a good motivation over the next couple of months.  I am not changing what I am doing, but I am staying the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment