Vintage Background

MyFitnessPal

Friday, February 7, 2014

Beautiful, Glorious Snow!

A rare snow flurry has blanketed Northwest Oregon and it is beautiful.  I truly love the look of the perfect white flakes falling from the sky.  In Idaho I would catch them on my gloved hand and look at their beautiful and unique patterns.  The clean white blanket feels like a fresh start.  Like the whole world gets to start with a clean slate.  Besides the ridiculous cold that typically accompanies such weather, I enjoy watching the snow fall from inside my warm house.

At times I wish for the same kind of fresh start in my own life.  I think of the what if I had... and find myself longing for the past me to have made different choices.  The most common are the choices made when I gave up on changing my lifestyle in the past.  I think to myself how different my life would be had I not given in.  As I have worked through the journey I have finally come to the realization that I am grateful that I am fat.  I have learned so many lessons about myself that I may not have if I had been healthier.  Now that being sad, I don't plan to stay fat so I can learn more about myself.  Changing my habits and routines has opened my eyes to what life could be like as I keep moving forward.

I have started working on retraining my dog.  She is a sweetheart with a crazy habit of annoying everyone around her by jumping, licking, etc.  I want to have a calm dog that walks nicely on a leash and can be around people without disturbing the peace.  As I have been reading about do training I realize that I have to train myself as well as her.  I have to be consistent and calm as I guide her toward correct behavior.  I have never considered the need to train myself as I train her.  I always thought it was her fault that she was crazy (well I did blame myself for not training her, but I never thought my reactions to her behavior were only increasing her bad behavior).  I have high hopes for correcting her and leading us both to a much more peaceful coexistence. She is a part of my family, and I do adore her very much!

I am happy to report that I have been doing well since my last slip up.  I am focusing on my water and fruits and veggies.  I am feeling good and in control.  Just taking things one mouthful at a time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment