Vintage Background

MyFitnessPal

Friday, February 14, 2014

Day of Love

Yesterday I was grocery shopping at Walmart and as I walked past I saw 30 men staring very earnestly at the chocolate boxes trying to decide which one was right for their special someone.  I kind of laughed inside.  Trying to find Beau a gift he thinks is cool or special can be a real task at times.  I try to approach things from his point of view.  He always seems appreciative, but I always wonder if I could have done better.

Eating healthy on V-day is tough work.  If you go out many restaurants will have special items to celebrate the love of their patrons, the stores are covered with chocolate and candies and goodies.  Even the exchanging of valentine cards is often accompanied by a sweet something.  I am grateful I am working from home today.  I don't know if I could resist all of those sweet treats!

I decided to try a new doctor since my back pain is not improving.  I found a doctor that does both acupuncture and chiropractic.  He examined my back and did some strength testing.  He determined that I have strained my back, and that I am having significant muscle spasms.  Finally I know that I am not being a baby, and I am not crazy.  I am in fact injured.  He said that it will take a little while to get things fixed, but he believes he can help me.  Finally someone who spent enough time to look into what I was saying and experiencing!

This week I made it to a total weight loss of 64.6 pounds (which rounds up to 65 pounds on my little ticker above).  I am in shock a little bit.  I asked Beau if he could believe that was how much I have lost and he told me, "YES!  You have worked your butt off!"  I guess quite literally I have been working my butt off.  It is just funny because these milestones occur and I feel surprised each time that the number is correct.  Losing 64.6 pounds has been a long hard journey.  Just this last week I was driving home from work and found myself stuck in a huge traffic jam caused by a collision earlier in the day.  As I slowly inched my way along the freeway I passed so many food establishments.  Each one called me by name.  They "wanted" me to come and unload my burden on their tasty offerings.  But I continued to drink my water and hope to get home soon.  By the time I made it home (2.5 hours later) I really had to go to the bathroom, but I had not cheated.

I was able to go and see the progress that is being made on my house.  Things are slowly coming together.  They have painted the walls, and torn out the carpet.  There is still much to fix, but I was able to get some pictures so I could remember where things are, and what the basic layout is.  I am so excited to be able to move in when everything is all cleaned up.  I am also very excited for a shorter commute to work.  Every day I drive out of Woodburn for Silverton I think, "If we were in the new place, my commute would be over now!"  The drive to and from Lake Oswego is tiring.  Especially when the traffic is so bad!

I have continued to take things day by day with my eating.  I feel inclined to splurge all the time.  I find myself having to constantly refocus my plan.  I know that once we get into our own place at least life should get a little more normal, right?

1 comment: