Vintage Background

MyFitnessPal

Monday, April 14, 2014

Coming soon!

I can't believe it has been 9 weeks since we found out that we would be having a baby.  I had been incredibly emotional and my patience was unidentifiable.  Beau was sure I was losing my mind, and so was I. I can't remember if I suggested it, or if Beau did, but we decided to buy a pregnancy test.  This is always an emotional and typically upsetting purchase.  I hadn't bought one since I had started trying to lose weight.  I wasn't trying to get pregnant, and I figured that it would be a couple years still before anything like that could happen.  I bought the test on a Thursday, and I figured I was wrong, so I didn't bother to take it until Sunday.  I cannot count how many times we have gone through this process. You get your hopes up, you buy the test, you pee on a stick, and then you get depressed.  I just about passed out when the test read "Pregnant."  I took the stick to the bedroom and showed Beau and he just got so excited.  We were in a state of shock.  The happiest shock we had ever felt.

My first appointment the doctor ordered an ultrasound to figure out how far along I was, and we discovered that I wasn't very far at all.  It took 2 more ultrasounds before they could be sure that I was due around October 24.

It all still seems like a dream.  Well not so much the being tired all the time, or feeling nauseated, but talking about baby names and strollers is the most awesome conversation Beau and I have had in a while!  I teared up a bit the first time I saw Beau researching car seats and cribs online, and telling me what the reviews said and what he thought would work.

I knew immediately how I wanted to announce our pregnancy, but I wanted to wait until the end of the first trimester.  We made it to week 11. My friend, Tonya, who owns Hat's Etcetera made these adorable slippers for our picture shoot with Emisue Photography.  Here is how we announced to our family and friends (who didn't already know due to our excitement and Beau's big mouth).







  We count our blessings everyday, and are so grateful for all of the love and support we have received.  I am growing a little miracle.  A miracle that I have hope and prayed for over the last six and a half years.   I just cannot believe how much our lives have changed in the last couple of months.  We found out we are expecting, we have moved, and our lives will never be the same again.

6 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you guys!! I love your pictures. I especially love the slippers in Beau's hands. that is my favorite :) I was just telling Mom we'll have to come for THanksgiving or something so we can meet all the new babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne! I'm so excited for you guys! This little baby is going to be in such a loving amazing family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not be more excited and happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an awesome post. All the pictures are amazing, but that picture of Beau's big working hands with those little "froggies" in it just makes me tear up. I am so excited for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you'll both be amazing parents! Enjoy this time, and I wish no more nausea upon you. I had enough for many people, you should not have to deal with it!

    ReplyDelete